Girls Inc. of New Hampshire offers research-based informal education programs that encourage girls to take risks and master physical, intellectual and emotional challenges. Major programs address math and science education, pregnancy and drug abuse prevention, media literacy, economic literacy, adolescent health, violence prevention, careers and leadership, and sports participation.
Early Learning Center
Burke Street Early Learning Center is our co-ed preschool program held at our Nashua Center. The Burke Street Early Learning Center is a full-day program open 7am to 6pm offering a safe, nurturing environment for children between the ages of 2.9-5 years old. They have access to the gymnasium and age appropriate playground for physical fitness activities and receive breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. The teachers follow the principles of developmentally appropriate practice. Children learn through play based experiences using a wide variety of materials and are encouraged to investigate their environment, whether it is the natural world of the outdoors, or intentionally planned activities designed by our teachers.
Designed to assist working families or those unable to direct their child’s remote learning, Smart Café is a unique programming opportunity for girls to be supported and guided in remote learning during school hours. Not only will girls get academic support, they’ll also receive empowering Girls Inc. programming! We will remain open full-time to assist with remote learning until (at least) October 2nd. Our goal is to support as many girls as we are able to with limited staff and space.
Girls Inc. will be closed the week of August 24th AND August 31st. Both centers will undergo deep cleaning during the closure and the staff will be preparing for remote learning with the both school districts. We will reopen on Tuesday, September 8th. All safety protocols that were implemented during summer camp would continue.
- Hours of Operation 7:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner is provided.
- Nashua will serve kindergarten through 6th grade; Manchester will serve 2nd-6th grade
- Cost is $190 per week for elementary age, $215 per week for preschool. Financial aid is available through NH Department Health & Human Services (must be linked as of September 8th).
- An individualized learning space will be provided that will include a customized partition, back pack, school supplies and access to a chrome book if needed.
- Girls must be able to participate in the remote learning with some redirection but a refusal to remote learn will result in not being able to attend Girls Inc.
- Parents must provide working headphones
Spend your February or April vacation week with Girls Inc. participating in fun activities such as science experiments, outdoor games, arts and crafts, team-building activities, theme days, and field trips. Available at our Manchester and Nashua centers. Hours during vacation weeks are 7:30AM to 6:00PM. Breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner are provided. .
For more information, call the center closest to you:
Eight fun-filled weeks of summer camp with field trips, swimming, and weekly themes such as She Shoots She Scores, Build It Solve It Code It, SHEROES
- Campers welcome for the full summer or for weekly sessions, each week has a different theme
- Camp is for girls entering kindergarten through 7th grade
- Camp is staffed by qualified and professional personnel
- Breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner are provided each day
- Full weekly fee is $175. Sliding fee scales, financial assistance and scholarships are available. We accept NH State Child Care Assistance.
- Girls Inc. is licensed by the NH Bureau of Child Care Licensing
- Camp begins June 21, 2021
For more information, call the center closest to you:
Camp R.I.S.E. (Remote Institute for Summer Engagement) is a FREE Zoom-based, six-week program for rising 6th-8th grade girls who are unable to attend summer camp in person this summer focused on storytelling, career exploration and maintaining connections. Camp R.I.S.E. will help girls build self-esteem, explore career and educational opportunities in New Hampshire and learn about the world around them with virtual field trips, guest speakers, games, movies and weekly topics.
Begins July 6th! Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from 3:30 to 5:30 pm on ZOOM with additional (optional) activities on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Earn prizes and attendance incentives! Earn a ticket each day of attendance to enter raffle for $100 gift card.
Do you see things in your community you would like to change? Want to make the world better? Join us for Taking Action where you will have the opportunity to do just that! Participants will choose an issue in their community and address it directly with a girl-led project! Be the change! Taking Action is an 6-week Zoom based experience for girls ages 15-18 starting on July 6th. Meeting days and times for the first week will be Mondays/Wednesdays from 6pm to 8pm but schedule will adjust to group availability.
Zoom info sessions on June 30 and July 2 at 6pm.
After School Program
Girls are picked up by our buses every day after-school and brought to one of our centers where they are free to engage in a variety of different classes, learn to take leadership roles, improve their health and fitness, further their education and have the opportunity to travel and explore places they never imagined.
The BOLD Futures Mentoring Program combines volunteer mentors, professional staff, research-based programming to help girls ages 9-14 engage in school, build healthy relationships, and reduce risky behaviors. Girls spend dedicated time each week in small mentoring groups with female leaders that provide them with the skills and knowledge needed to counter stereotypes and obstacles and achieve their goals.
Girls and their families are invited to enjoy a free nutritious dinner 5 nights a week.
*The USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is the funding source for the serving of nutritious meals in our childcare and school age care programs.