August 17, 2020 – Designed to assist working families or those unable to direct their child’s remote learning, Smart Café is a unique programming opportunity for girls to be supported and guided in remote learning during school hours. Not only will girls get academic support, they’ll also receive empowering Girls Inc. programming! We will remain open full-time to assist with remote learning until (at least) October 2nd. Our goal is to support as many girls as we are able to with limited staff and space.
Girls Inc. will be closed the week of August 24th AND August 31st. Both centers will undergo deep cleaning during the closure and the staff will be preparing for remote learning with the both school districts. We will reopen on Tuesday, September 8th. All safety protocols that were implemented during summer camp would continue.
- Hours of Operation 7:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner is provided.
- Nashua will serve kindergarten through 6th grade; Manchester will serve 2nd-6th grade
- Cost is $190 per week for elementary age, $215 per week for preschool. Financial aid is available through NH Department Health & Human Services (must be linked as of September 8th).
- An individualized learning space will be provided that will include a customized partition, back pack, school supplies and access to a chrome book if needed.
- Girls must be able to participate in the remote learning with some redirection but a refusal to remote learn will result in not being able to attend Girls Inc.
- Parents must provide working headphones
We will work with the schools and families on acquiring chrome books for the students attending Girls Inc.
Girls will be divided by their age groups and socially distanced in each of the three classrooms.
The time outside of remote learning will be spent being active in the gym and on the playground. The afternoons after school has ended would be planned as a normal after school program.
We need more information about the Hybrid approach that the Nashua schools are proposing after Oct 5th. Priority will be given to girls already enrolled in remote learning and then opening up the criteria based on availability.